Monday, April 8, 2013

TACC Member: Philip Matern


I can't believe it's a new year already!   I am really excited for the opportunity to be a TAC coordinator with Heather Dwyer.   I learned so much last year as a TAC, and can’t wait to continue working with new graduate students as we try to improve our approach to teaching.

This past year I tried to incorporate new technologies into the classroom and really focused on understanding how various technologies can be used to improve delivery of information and student learning.  I hope to continue using technology to incorporate active learning and student engagement both in and out of class.  I am excited to learn with our new TAC cohort and to continue working with the graduate teaching community at UC Davis.


Apart from teaching and the TAC program, I research the regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle mass.  When I'm not at school, I love playing with my daughter and enjoying family time.  I also enjoy growing a beard and being barefoot. I’m a big fan of barefoot shoes and you should be too. Free your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment