Monday, April 8, 2013

TACC Member: Heather Dwyer


Hi everyone, I can’t wait to start another year as a TA consultant. This cycle I will be sharing the role of TAC coordinator with Philip Matern. The TAC program has been an exciting and rewarding experience, and I’m looking forward to working with UC Davis graduate student instructors again this year.


I began TAing in my first year as a graduate student, and though I didn’t come to Davis with the intention of pursuing teaching, my love for it has really grown. I try to pursue innovative active learning techniques in the classroom and I enjoy interacting with undergraduates. My main goals as an instructor are to have a lasting impact on students and to help them foster a genuine interest in course subject matter. Working with other TAs and TACs has opened my eyes to a variety of teaching approaches. Post-graduation I hope to continue a career in teaching and teaching consulting.

Outside of teaching and the TAC program, I research alfalfa butterfly hybridization. I also enjoy reading, knitting, and exploring the Bay Area.


No comments:

Post a Comment