All workshops run from 11am - 1pm on Tuesday's, starting January 21st! (see dates below)
Workshop will be held in 1348 EPS (see map below)
List of workshops:
- Workshop 1: Active, Structured, Specific, Estimation of Student Success: The purposes and techniques of assessment (Tue Jan 21)
- Workshop 2: Student Engagement: The what, why, and how of active learning (Tue Jan 28)
- Workshop 3: Presenting and Lecturing Effectively: Making the most of multi-modal and interactive presentation tools (Tue Feb 4)
- Workshop 4: One Class, Infinite Possibilities: Promoting an equitable and diverse classroom (Tue Feb 11)
- Workshop 5: Teaching Tools: Using technology to create the learner-centered classroom (Tue Feb 18)
- Workshop 6: Preparing for the Academic Job: Dissecting components of successful teaching portfolios (Tue Feb 25)
Workshop Location: 1348 Earth and Physical Sciences (EPS)
---- Recent Workshops ----
Winter Workshop Series 2013
- Workshop 1 (Mon, Jan 28, 2:10-4pm): "Active Learning: The New Tradition"
- Workshop 2 (Mon, Feb 4, 2:10-4pm): "Rethinking Retention and Making the Most of Memory"
- Workshop 3 (Mon, Feb 11, 2:10-4pm): "Motivating students: Beyond the grade"
- Workshop 4 (Mon, Feb 25, 2:10-4pm): "Meaningful Assessment: How to Measure and Increase Student Learning"
- Workshop 5 (Mon, Mar 4, 2:10-4pm): "Terrific Teaching Technologies"
- Workshop 6 (Mon, Mar 11, 2:10-4pm): "From Theory and Practice to Articulation: Creating a Compelling Statement of Teaching Philosophy"