Monday, April 8, 2013

TAC Member: Patrick Grof-Tisza


Academics are generally held to two expectations: generating and disseminating knowledge. As graduate students and post-doctoral scholars, we receive much training regarding the former but very little in the way of effective knowledge dissemination aside from composing scholarly articles. I look forward to working with the graduate teaching community to become more effective educators.

I am a 5th year graduate student in the Graduate Group of Ecology. My research concerns how trophic interactions vary across ecological gradients and how these interactions can structure populations across the landscape. I employ observational and experimental approaches using a day-flying tiger moth within the Bodega Marine Reserve as a model system.

When not on the northern California coast conducting field work, I am usually sinking my hands in splitter, granite cracks within the Sierra Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment