Monday, April 8, 2013

TAC Member: Leilani Serafin


Hello!  I'm a second-year TA Consultant, and am very excited to continue my teaching education.  I'm a fourth-year Ph.D student in the English department, and have started work on my dissertation, which will focus on theatrical adaptations of sensation novels.  For the rest of this year, I will be teaching English 3: Introduction to Literature, which gives me a lot of opportunity to be creative with my teaching.  Before coming to UC Davis, I taught various levels of introductory writing at Cal State Los Angeles, where I also worked in a Writing Center.  While I was there, I loved interacting with students from a wide variety of academic disciplines, and I have fun to continuing that exchange now, as a TA Consultant!

As a teacher, I'm currently interested in student motivation, and in designing assignments that will help students blend creativity with critical thinking skills while also inspiring them to think more deeply about their own interests.  My students have taught me a lot interesting things so far, so I'm looking forward to another fun and educational year!


No comments:

Post a Comment