Monday, April 8, 2013

TAC Member: Tracy Quan


¡Hola! My name is Tracy and I am one of the new incoming TA Consultants. I am really excited to have the opportunity to not only help and support my fellow graduate students through the TA orientation, consultations, and workshops, but also to learn from all of you as we all embark on our journeys as instructors.

I am a third year PhD student in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, specializing in Hispanic Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition. At UC Davis, I’ve been a T.A. of Spanish 1,2, 2V (a hybrid course), 3 (UC Davis Extension) and 21. Before that, I have taught English and Spanish to children and adults in San Francisco, Marin, and Madrid, Spain. As an instructor, I believe in the importance of promoting student autonomy, in making learning engaging, and developing a teacher-student relationship based on respect and understanding. Since all of my experience has been confined to the foreign language classroom, I look forward to expanding my horizons in other departments and exploring teaching approaches from other disciplines.

Aside from teaching and anxiously preparing for my upcoming qualifying exams, I enjoy doing yoga, running, being outdoors, and traveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment