Monday, April 8, 2013

TAC Member: Miki Mori

Hello everyone. My name is Miki and I am a returning TA Consultant. I am looking forward to working with all of you fellow graduate students and postdoctoral scholars on your endeavors and adventures in the classroom. I hope to not only enhance your teaching experience through consultations, workshops, and the TA orientation but also learn from you as an instructor and graduate student.

I am a PhD candidate in Linguistics with a Designated Emphasis in Writing, Rhetoric, and Composition. My dissertation research focuses on academic writing development as it relates to the incorporation of outside sources, multilingualism, identity, and academic achievement. At UCD I mainly teach undergraduate and graduate ESL writing but I also TA for an introductory Linguistics course and taught English grammar. Through being an ESL instructor over the years, I have developed a passion for teaching while also enjoying collaborating with colleagues on lesson ideas, approaches to learning, and everyday issues of being an educator.

While being a graduate student consumes most of my life, when I do have free time I like to spend it outdoors, in the mountains or on the sea…and really anywhere in between.



No comments:

Post a Comment