Monday, April 8, 2013

TAC Member: Henry Hao


Hello, everyone. My name is Henry Hao and I will be working as one of the new TA consultants this year. I am looking forward to not only supporting my fellow colleagues from different areas via consultations and workshops, but also improving my teaching skills in TAC program.

I am a Ph.D. candidate in Economics and doing research on Chinese processing export during the recent financial crisis. I have been a T.A. of various econ. classes such as intermediate microeconomics/macroeconomics, international economics, data analysis, and I currently teach economy of East Asia. My teaching philosophy lies in my interests in applying theoretical idea to real world scenarios. Instead of introducing abstract theoretical models as stand-alone modules, I prefer explaining the theory and applying it to real-world examples.

Aside from my research and teaching, I love cooking (I just finished my 100 dishes project), workout/running (I'm training for my first SF marathon in June), photography, and traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment