Thursday, April 12, 2012

TAC Member: Philip Matern

I am very excited for the opportunity to assist the graduate teaching community in evaluating and improving teaching techniques.  As a TA consultant, I hope to share the insights and strategies I’ve developed through my teaching experiences while continuing to learn and develop new teaching approaches across a variety of disciplines.  I'm a proponent of incorporating active learning strategies in the classroom to get students engaged in constructing knowledge, and look forward to improving my understanding and use of active learning techniques throughout my time with the TAC program.

I'm a Ph.D. student in the Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Physiology (MCIP) department currently studying the regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle mass and the role specific E3 ligases play in atrophy and hypertrophy.

Outside of work I love playing with my daughter and enjoying family time.  I also love growing a beard and being barefoot.  I'm a big fan of barefoot shoes and you should be too.  We aren't meant to walk on thick wedges.  Free your feet!





No comments:

Post a Comment