Thursday, April 5, 2012

TAC Member: Miki Mori


Hello everyone. My name is Miki and I am one of this year’s incoming TA Consultants. I am looking forward to working with all of you fellow graduate students and postdoctoral scholars on your endeavors and adventures in the classroom. I hope to not only enhance your teaching experience through consultations, workshops, and the TA orientation but also learn from you and grow myself as an instructor and graduate student. More importantly, I hope to make some meaningful connections with other students at UC Davis. 

I have been a graduate student in the Linguistics Department for three years now, where I focus on academic writing development, as I am also doing a Designated Emphasis in Writing, Rhetoric, and Composition through the University Writing Program. My teaching assignments are mainly teaching undergraduate and graduate ESL writing but I also TA for an introductory Linguistics course. Through being an ESL instructor over the years, I have developed a passion for teaching while also enjoying collaborating with colleagues on lesson ideas, approaches to learning, and the everyday issues of being an educator in the classroom. 

While being a graduate student consumes most of my life, when I do have free time I like to spend it outdoors, in the mountains or on the sea…and really anywhere in between. I also have a passion for being wedged into airplanes, particularly the middle seat, which I fulfill by gallivanting around the world. No, but really, I do love traveling, again pretty much anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miki! I'm a big fan of travel as well, although I got a late start on it in life. Where are your favorite places to go?

    ReplyDelete