Thursday, April 5, 2012

TACC Member: Jamiella Brooks

Rebonjour! I'm excited to be back for another year with the TAC. This year I am a TAC Coordinator, which means I'll be involved with a lot of what goes on behind-the-scenes: advertising, this blog, and more. I am also a third year Ph.D student in the French department.

This year I am thrilled to be serving the graduate teachers here at UCD with a cohort of skilled TACs, new and old. Being a TAC brings forward all new kinds of creativity and innovation, and with my cohorts I get to encounter a diversity of experiences in a collaborative environment. There are so many kinds of teaching approaches and ideas out there, and each new consultation and TAC meeting is a fresh experience to rethink my ideas on teaching.

Beyond the TAC, I spend much of my time speaking French to my 3 month old daughter, Amaris, and trying to convince her dad about the wonders of cloth diapering. I am also furiously working towards a dissertation on language theory in North African Francophone literature.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you have commented on all the TAC profiles. It is nice to know someone is reading them.

    ReplyDelete