Tuesday, April 10, 2012

TAC Member: Nicholas Hall

Hello everyone.  I'm a new TA Consultant this year.  I'm very excited to be a part of the program and especially for the opportunities I will have to interact with graduate students and postdoctoral scholars across many different disciplines.  I look forward to working with you to grow in our understanding of how to teach effectively and to help improve our teaching in the many different classroom environments on campus.  

I'm a fifth year Ph.D. student in the Physics Department.  I do cosmology research (not to be confused with cosmetology research, though I'm sure that's an exciting field as well) and physics education research.  My physics education research has thus far focused on how the student experience (e.g., confidence, interest, anxiety, etc.) depends on how in tune the instructor is with what the students are experiencing.  I love teaching and I enjoy having opportunities to teach in a variety of settings.

I really like to try new things.  My hobbies include classical guitar, wake boarding, surfing, soccer, hiking and cooking.  I would say that my favorite thing to do is travel, especially in East Asia over the last couple years.

2 comments:

  1. Cosmology vs. Cosmetology! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this, Nicholas?
    http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white

    ReplyDelete