Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New TAC: Heather Dwyer

Hey everyone, I'm really excited to be a part of the TAC group! Similar to a lot of grad students, I came here with no interest in teaching but quickly found that teaching is my favorite part of graduate school. As a TAC I'm hoping to help others improve and get more comfortable with teaching. I'm also excited to learn a lot from other TAs and spend more time talking and thinking about the classroom.

I'm a fourth year in the ecology graduate group and my research focuses on the response of butterflies to regional warming. In addition to being a teaching assistant a bunch of times, I've participated in teaching seminars and creating teaching tools. At some point I'd love to get some real experience in course design. I hope to continue teaching at the college level after graduate school—anything from intro bio to upper-level, specialized classes.

My interests outside of teaching and biology include art, literature, and exploring the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment