Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Konnichiwa Minasan

Hello Fellow Educators,

I am Jeff Anderson. As a new member of the TAC team here at UC Davis, I look forward to the many opportunities I will have to support educational development at this university. I believe teaching is an art best perfected with practice, creativity and feedback. I constantly look for ways to improve my own teaching, new ideas to support learning and methods to make the educational environment welcoming for diverse students. I am excited to be part of this team that will sustain this program and bring the benefits of our work to the larger teaching community here at UC Davis.

I am a third year mathematics PhD student. I do research in numerical linear algebra. My specific research problem applies linear algebra to analyze electric circuits. Main point: I use numbers to help make the computers you use run smoothly.

Outside of Math, I love to exercise, eat, cook, and learn about cultures different from my own (I am a Greek, Swedish, Spanish, English Californian. I was born and raised in the Bay Area).

No comments:

Post a Comment