Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NEW TAC: Dalia Magaña


¡Hola! I’m thrilled to be joining the cohort as a new TAC! Teaching has been one of the most rewarding parts of graduate school (most of us probably have this in common!). Teaching, to me means being immersed in a learning environment since not only do students learning from me but, I am also constantly learning from them. Student’s investment in learning has driven me to pursue a career where I will have opportunities to learn about the diverse approaches to teaching giving me the tools to provide fruitful outcomes for students. For these reasons, I look forward to a collaborative enriching opportunity as TA consultant to learn from others and share my experience and passion for teaching.


I’m a 4th year graduate student in the Spanish Department where I have been teaching for the past 4 years. My research involves medical Spanish from a linguistic perspective (how Spanish speaking patients interact with their doctors in Spanish with or without an interpreter and based on this how to teach medical Spanish). In the future I hope to continue my research and specially continue teaching college students.


Aside from research and teaching, I don’t really have hobbies of my own at this time. For now I enjoy occupying my free time by my children’s hobbies: play-dates, watching rated G/ PG movies, bike-riding, Farmer’s market etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment