Monday, October 11, 2010

Matthew Nesvet

Hi, TA's! My name's Matt. I'm a PhD student, California Humanities Scholar, HASTAC Scholar, and one of the 'awesome eight' graduate students chosen to be your teaching consultants this year. Teaching can be many things: the awesome second class citizen of the modern university; the reason why you spent six of your last summer hours in TA training workshops; a great reason to think broadly about your research and how you can make it meaningful to others ('other' [people] (adj.): those who, though they're not on your dissertation committee, do indeed, yes the rumors are true, exist); how you'll make a difference in your student's lives; your job; and possibly, hopefully, one of the most exciting, valuable activities you'll engage in while at university. I've both taught and TA'd many college classes, and love helping my students learn. I'm excited about working with you this year as you develop, reflect on, and improve upon your teaching practices. For those of you who want to stop by and talk about teaching, my office is in Kerr Hall (6th floor); you're welcome to visit whenever you have a few minutes. You can also send me an email and we can schedule a time to meet. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you in workshops and consultations throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment