Wednesday, October 6, 2010


My name is Richard Osibanjo. Am a second year TA Consultant and a 3rd year PhD student in Analytical Chemistry. My experience has a TA Consultant has being a blast. I teach General and Forensics Chemistry which is very exciting.

I believe everyone is a teacher and at one point or the other we all will have to teach something to someone or a group of people. Being a TA consultant, has really helped me develop my teaching skills, which are applicable not only in the classroom but to every facet of life.

My best memories being a TA consultant involve relating and meeting with diverse people, sharing their experiences and helping them become the best they can be in their teaching experience. I am influenced by the words of John Maxwell said “people don’t care how much you know till they know how much you care” Being a TA Consultant, provides an avenue for me, to really do what am passionate about, which is connecting with diverse people , getting to see through their eyes and speaking their language. This has gone a long way in making my classroom fun, inclusive and memorable. There is nothing so gratifying, as being able to help my students, in a 360 degree way in and out of the classroom.

Outside teaching, I enjoy meeting people, reading, writing, photography and am building my portfolio as a long distance runner

No comments:

Post a Comment