Friday, October 7, 2011

Henry's Blog!


Hi All,

I am excited to be part of the TAC team. As a fourth year nutritional biology graduate student I've TAed in four different departments and 11 different courses. I enjoy teaching and learning from my students. Through my experience with other TACs, I"ve became more aware of my teaching style and have worked hard to improve my adaptability to the different learning capabilities of my students. This is currently my first year in the TAC program. I believe it is one of the most creative and inclusive of the numerous on-campus programs I've been involved with.

As a graduate student, I would say academics and research occupies a majority of my life. However, outside of this bubble, I enjoy doing outdoor activities (such as white water rafting, backpacking, and going to the ARC) and social hobbies (such as  going out to the bars, restaurant hunting, and playing IM sports). Thanks to the TAC program, I have improved my networking skills and ability to generating discussion which have made a significant impact in my life outside of academia.

In the future, the skills I've acquired from the TAC programs will be very useful whether I decide to work for industry, stay in academia, or  better yet ... going on vacation.

Cheers,

-Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment